Dear 44th LD Activist:
My name is Mary Dickinson and, although I am not a PCO, I come to Washington with many precinct-energizing strategies from my 10+ years of political engagement in NC. I look forward to helping the 44th in a volunteer capacity!
Alex Acevedo, Amy Kent, and I recognize that Democrats in the 44th have a unique opportunity to start engaging with voters immediately with the upcoming Library Fund request for the building of the Lake Stevens Library. And you can help whether or not you live in the Lake Stevens area!*
*NOTE: Of course, Mill Creek precincts, Snohomish precincts, Marysville precincts, etc. may want to create their own initiatives unique to their area. That would thrill me no end! This is just one way to learn how organizing works and, as it ends Feb. 14, it would be a great way for you to get your feet wet!
I believe having an immediate action like this gives us a specific focus as well as the opportunity to work together. I am willing to spearhead this effort and hope that you are willing to help. Here are the ways you can help:
- Work with a PCO in the Lake Stevens area to help doorbell their precinct.
- walk lists and library materials will be provided.
- Do call backs to voters who have committed to vote once ballots have arrived.
- call lists and script for phone bank will be provided.
- Do data entry in Votebuilder of all outcomes from canvassing and phone banking
- A critical step for the 44LD!
- Hand out library literature at preset locations around Lake Stevens.
- Utilize youth groups for this? Perfect service hours!
- Get materials out to canvassers and keep them supplied, as needed
- Make signs for the election and wave them at appropriate intersections in and around Lake Stevens
- Please let us know IF you can help and HOW you want to help. I will hold a non-mandatory organizing meeting at 7 pm on Wednesday, Jan. 18th at my home if you want to join in the conversation. Call or text me if you want to help. My phone number is listed below. Please include an email and your first and last name in your message.Here are some of the reasons we believe this effort would strengthen our LD: Library reachout project
- Non-partisan issue
- Relationship building with voters
- Short-term and clear goal: Voting ends February 14th, 2017
- Work within Lake Stevens area to help build a volunteer list from among interested neighbors
- Skillset works for both election and non-election years
Amy Kent, PCO Coordinator,44th LD Democrats
Alex Acevedo, 1st Vice Chair, 44th LD Democrats; PCO, Lake Stevens 15
Mary Dickinson, Volunteer 336-391-4495